The past 14 years have marked the longest sustained period of conflict in America's history. More than 2.7 million service members have deployed to war zones across the globe, many multiple times. While many tend to focus on the trauma and tragedy inherent to war, the truth is that these men and women were transformed on the battlefield - from Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen into warriors. It is warriors who, forged on an anvil of adversity, possess rare skills and abilities that are seldom seen and badly needed here at home. It is warriors who possess a unique sense of strength, perseverance, selflessness, sacrifice, service, integrity, honor, and perhaps, most importantly, the ability to simply get things done.
It is no surprise that in the aftermath of World War II, America enjoyed a remarkable renaissance – economically, politically and militarily. A renaissance that was led across every segment of our society by those who had endured war and come back stronger, more seasoned and more prepared for the challenges of life and peacetime.
The 2.7 million men and women who served in Iraq, Afghanistan and other locations have now received that baton. These men and women have the experience, the ability and the potential to be our nation’s Next Greatest Generation.
In order to unlock that potential, it is critical that we provide combat veterans and their families with a free, safe and sacred place to rest, reconnect and recharge. That is why we created PATHH - Progressive and Alternative Training for Healing Heroes - which consists of five key programs:
- Warrior PATHH: a free 7-day combat stress recovery retreat for warriors (with separate programs for male and female combat veterans)
- Family PATHH: a free 5-day combat stress recovery retreat focused on combat veterans and their families
- Couples PATHH: a free 3-day combat stress recovery retreat focused on combat veterans and their spouses
- Caregiver PATHH: a free 3-day combat stress recovery retreat focused on those providing care to a spouse or child who was wounded in combat
- Career PATHH: a free 1-day transition seminar focused on providing transitioning or transitioned service members with the clarity required to live the life they deserve here at home.
In addition to our PATHH programs, Boulder Crest Retreat devotes a substantial portion of our calendar year to Family Rest and Reconnection retreats. These free retreats are 2-7 nights in length and provide families with the opportunity to rest, reconnect and recharge - together.