What is Warrior PATHH?
Warrior PATHH (Progressive and Alternative Training for Healing Heroes) is the nation's first non-clinical program designed to cultivate and facilitate Post Traumatic Growth amongst our nation's combat veterans. Warrior PATHH is created by combat veterans for combat veterans, and enables these remarkable men and women to transform times of deep struggle into profound strength and growth. All Warrior PATHH instructors have walked this road from struggle to strength, and the blended team of trained combat veterans and civilians leverage their own experiences to guide attendees. This 18-month program begins with a 7-day retreat, initiating students into the Warrior PATHH, and delivers the equivalent of 18 months of therapy in 7 intensive days of training.
Why Does Warrior PATHH Work?
- Warrior PATHH delivers evidence-based interventions in a beautiful, safe and trusted setting
- Warrior PATHH combines the expertise of world-class therapists with the experience of trained and capable military mentors
- Warrior PATHH is built on a foundation of transparency, honesty and mutuality. We do not ask anything of participants that our providers are not doing or have not already done.
- Warrior PATHH taps the natural skills abilities and resources of Warriors and leverages our understanding of what was gained and lost in combat.
- Warrior PATHH reconnects Warriors who are on similar paths and builds new teams that hold each other accountable.
- Warrior PATHH delivers the equivalent of 52 weeks of therapy in one, immersive, self-paced, hands-on week.
- Warrior PATHH utilizes small group sizes (6-8 participants) and one-to-one provider/participant ratios.
- Warrior PATHH represents years of effort, experience and understanding into precisely what is required to ensure our Warriors can come all the way home.
- Warrior PATHH is committed to making lasting and sustainable in the lives of combat veterans to ensure they find their path and stay on it.
Evidence of Warrior PATHH's Effectiveness
We utilize the PCL, a standard Post-Traumatic Stress self-reporting scoring tool used by the U.S. Military and VA, to determine the effectiveness of Warrior PATHH.
Results from our first year of Warrior PATHH programs include:
- 27 percent overall reduction in PCL scores
- 68 percent of participants went from PTS-symptomatic prior to Warrior PATHH to non-PTS symptomatic
- 71 percent improvement in participants stating that they have a meaningful and applicable plan for their future
- 47 percent improvement in participants ability to manage stress moving forward
- 100 percent of participants would recommend PATHH to a fellow Warrior
Who is Eligible for Warrior PATHH?
Warrior PATHH programs are available for both male and female combat veterans - active duty or veteran. No clinical diagnosis or prior mental health care is required to attend.
Our ideal candidate is a warrior who is determined to win their personal battles, has a willingness to accept coaching and a desire to embrace the process. A warrior who has a vision of what they want despite not knowing how to get there and a passion to live fully.
If you or someone you know is interested in attending Warrior PATHH, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.