why we exist
Boulder Crest Retreat for Military and Veteran Wellness exists to heal our military members, veterans and their families dealing with combat-related stress.
To provide free, world class, short-duration, high-impact retreats for combat veterans and their families.
Revolutionize a model of healing that integrates evidence-based therapies, a safe, peaceful space and unparalleled customer service to improve physical, emotional, spiritual and economic well-being for our nation’s combat veterans and their families.
the problem we are solving
Life is hard. Life is challenging, stressful and full of ups and downs. No group of men and women know that better than our nation’s combat veterans. It is estimated that more than 2 million men and women are battling the effects of combat-related stress in the wake of 13 years of war.
The current mental health system, with its reliance on a one-size-fits-all approach, has proven ineffective and ill-equipped to address the nature and scale of the combat-related stress challenges facing combat veterans and their families.
These service members, veterans and their families deserve and require a safe and non-clinical place setting to heal so they can begin to bring their unique set of skills, experiences and strengths to bear here at home.
what we believe
· We believe that a privately funded model is the only way to generate the innovation, flexibility and individualized care required to solve this problem.
· We believe that combat veterans are only in need of a recharge and redirection, and that they are far from broken.
· We believe that a rural setting is a critical component of the healing process.
· We believe that combat-related stress is contagious. To heal combat veterans, you must focus on the entire family.
· We believe that strong, capable and trained military mentors, working hand-in-hand with expert therapists, are the key to fostering an environment of trust, openness and safety.
· We believe that life is hard and full of ups and downs. Successfully dealing with adversity requires mentors, support networks and positive coping mechanisms.
· We believe that a comprehensive wellness model encompasses Mind, Body, Spirit and Financial.