After more than 3.5 years of commitment, dedication, and investigation, Boulder Crest Retreat for Military and Veteran Wellness has developed an innovative, effective, and transformative approach to PTSD. This effort is known as Warrior PATHH (Progressive and Alternative Training for Healing Heroes), and it represents the first-ever program designed to cultivate and facilitate posttraumatic growth (PTG) amongst combat veterans. In collaboration with world-class psychologists Dr. Richard Tedeschi (the father of PTG) and Dr. Bret Moore (a twice-deployed former Army Psychologist), we are now expanding Warrior PATHH into communities across the country.
Six months into an 18-month comprehensive longitudinal study, led by Drs. Tedeschi and Moore, the results of Warrior PATHH far surpass traditional mental health approaches in terms of symptom reduction, quality of life improvement, and PTG experienced. Based on these results, and leveraging a substantial grant that has enabled us to develop a robust curriculum (including instructor and student guides, as well as a leading-edge technology platform), we are hosting an all-day expansion conference on June 8, 2017 at Boulder Crest Retreat in Bluemont, Virginia.
We are inviting 10 qualified organizations to participate, with the following eligibility criteria:
- Access to a facility situated in a rural and idyllic setting that can serve a minimum of 16 people
- Proven success at fundraising, and with the potential to raise at least $300,000 per annum
- Open to adoption of Warrior PATHH curriculum
- Actively engaged in military and veteran community, and capable of recruiting local combat veterans and family members to participate in Warrior PATHH programs
- Located within 60 minutes of a major airport
- Collaborative, open-minded, mission-focused, and success oriented
Benefits to adopting the Warrior PATHH Curriculum:
- Proven PTG-based program based on 30 years of science, and thousands of years of understanding
- Comprehensive program evaluation methodology, featuring 18-month longitudinal study conducted by Dr. Richard Tedeschi and Dr. Bret Moore
- Full suite of support materials, including the Warrior PATHH Student Guide, Warrior PATHH Instructor Guide, and Warrior PATHH Journal
- On-sight training of Warrior PATHH Guides at Boulder Crest Retreat followed by support from mobile training team to help establish and in-place program
- Marketing, outreach, and fundraising materials, expertise, and support
- MY PATHH technology platform, designed to support students during 18-monht journey
- Assistance and consultation in facilities design to include world-renowned labyrinth expert, archery range development, equine therapy program development and program management
- Assess to two world-renowned psychologists intimately involved in program development and assessment
While several organizations have already been selected, space is still available. To apply for the conference, complete the application form below and we will be in touch. Thank you for your interest, your commitment, and your desire to ensure that combat veterans have the opportunity to live great lives - full of passion, purpose, and service - here at home.